Salary; Never A Bribe To Forget Your Dream.
Salary is not a bribe to forget your dream! Salary even sometimes is a key ",Component" of your dream as it can serve as a motivation alongside your passion.
So what is a bribe? According to word web dictionary, it is payment made to a person in a position of trust to corrupt his judgement. To make illegal payments to someone in exchange for favors or influence.
Wrong Mindset About Salaries.
This quote "Salary is a bribe to forget your dreams" is pro-entrepreneurship, however I do not agree with it because it is a fallacy. Salary is Money paid regularly for doing good work. Everyone gets paid including the employer, that's how businesses operate. This quite implies that being an entrepreneurs equates to fulfilling your dream. This is a hasty generalization because entrepreneurship cannot thrive without employees and salary is the major reward of a business. The business must pay the owner and staff or it will die.
Everybody cannot be a "Self Made Entrepreneur". If your dream, vision and passions align with that of an organization and of which a monthly or weekly or daily type of remuneration package is agreed, there is absolutely no slavery in that!
People who think that salaries are "bribes" are talking from a "fixed" mindset or perhaps wasting away in the wrong job.
Voiding the Statement; Salary Is A Bribe.
1. What if i am working my dream job?
2. What if my salary allows me to pursue my dreams?
3. What if my salary is the only thing allowing me to make my dreams happen by funding it in the present.
4. What if my salary is what is keeping me from dying on the streets. People pursue their dreams outside of working hours with the money they earn from their respective jobs.
5. The ones who compliance about their salaries are those who don't enjoy and love their job.
6. On the contrary, salary is not a bribe they pay you to forget your dream, it is the bribe they pay you to help realize their own dreams. Doesn't matter if you give up yours or not.
Entrepreneurship is not for everybody. Entrepreneurs can not survive or grow without employees. Not everyone will be the boss or do well at the helm of affairs. Some people are passive, aggressive or passive-agressive. Some persons are initiators while some are executors. Some are meant to lead and others to follow. Yet all are important and need to work together. The point is that everyone is important in his/her own way, but must however be goal and purpose driven. Failure to learn under others and understand innate capability is the reason many people struggle as salary earners, and businesses fail within the first few years or struggle through its life cycle.
The key then is to optimize not just for the most money, but the combination of most money and highest similarity toward your dream. Which still means putting a dollar value on your dreams, of course that allows you to optimize for happiness and for lack of a better term and self actualization.
Salary can be payment while you fulfill your dream in life, it could also be payment for giving some time of your life; payment you earned. Find yourself, then you can decide who pays your salary, you or your employer.
Salary Is Never a Bribe!
Like our page to get updates and Messages about Human Resource Development, Job Performance, Life and Career Choices and Personal Development Coaching.
1. Beryl Ehondor
2. Monteeclairs Transformation Initiative.
3. Share2Inspire Initiative.