The 10 Rules for Successful Entrepreneurs.
Today I have an adaptation of the by Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott that I would like to apply to entrepreneurs. as follows:
1. You may like them or not, but if you choose them they will be yours for the entire period, however long it is.
2. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life…and your school of life goes by the title of Entrepreneur. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons, experience failure and occasionally to savor success. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant, stupid and unfair.
3. The growth and maturing of an entrepreneur is a process of trial, error and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work.”
4. Each lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it, then you can go on to the next.
5. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons, particularly if you enter the world of Entrepreneurship. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. When you “there” has become your “here,” you will simply obtain another “there” that will, again, look better than “here.”
7. You cannot love or hate something about another person, partner, employee, employer, key stakeholder, etc. unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. You have all the tools and resources you need to be an entrepreneur. What you do with them is up to you. The choice and opportunity is yours.
9. The answers to being a successful entrepreneur lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
And one of my favorite sayings of all time for you, as an Entrepreneur, is this: So what are you waiting for? Start today!
Written by David K. Williams ( www.forbes.com)